Do you find it hard to read case law?
Do you spend hours studying complex cases?
Are you struggling to understand law?
Do case transcripts confuse you?
Do you find referencing painful?
Are you scared about what a law degree means?
Does European law terrify you?
Do you struggle to write good essays?
Does law confuse you?
Do you struggle with core text reading?
Do you want to understand English and European law fast?
Do you want to understand case law fast?
Do you need help with your law degree?
If the answer to any of these questions is yes, then you simply need to purchase a copy of ‘The Case Law Compendium: English & European Law’ which provides all law students with:
- Over 150 historically significant English and European case law studies
- Coverage of Constitutional & Administrative Law, Contract Law, Criminal Law, Equity & Trust Law, European Law, Family Law, Medical Law, Property (Land) Law and Tort Law
- Highly complex case transcripts distilled into simplified and easily digestible text
- Fully OSCOLA referenced hand-selected citations for immediate use in coursework
What does this mean?
What this means is that by having personally analysed thousands of transcript pages, all the hard work of reading, understanding and translating the minds of the judges and courts is something you can finally say goodbye to. Each case also includes hand-selected and fully OSCOLA referenced citations that can be quickly inserted into written coursework (or moot skeleton arguments) without you having to hunt for them.
For example you could choose to traverse this complex twenty-six page judgment transcript:
Or you could simply purchase ‘The Case law Compendium: English & European Law’ and read this:
Thereby saving yourself significant time and confusion while taking in the information that is truly relevant, and with ‘The Case Law Compendium’ you have the additional user benefit of pre-selected and fully referenced citations to gain greater insight and use for coursework where needed.
By simply having a copy of this study resource close to hand you will now be able to effectively engage in tutorial debates, improve your essay writing abilities, and expedite your knowledge in a multitude of legal fields, without the pain of decoding the legislation and application of jurisprudence.
Which cases are disucussed in the book?
- A v Secretary of State for the Home Department
- Ahmad v United Kingdom
- Associated Provincial Picture Houses Ltd v Wednesbury Corp
- Attorney-General v Jonathan Cape Ltd
- Council of Civil Service Unions v Minister for the Civil Service
- Davidson v Scottish Ministers (No.2)
- Entick v Carrington
- Ghaidan v Godin-Mendoza
- Jackson v Attorney-General
- Liversidge v Anderson
- M v Home Office
- R v Secretary of State for the Home Department ex p Brind
- R v Secretary of State for the Home Department ex p Fire Brigades Union
- R v Secretary of State for Transport ex p Factortame (No.2)
- Regina (SB) v Governors of Denbigh High School
- Ridge v Baldwin (No.1)
- Thoburn v Sunderland City Council
- Bristol and West Building Society v Mothew
- Carlill v Carbolic Smoke Ball Co.
- Central London Properties v High Trees House Ltd
- Chartbrook Ltd v Persimmon Homes Ltd
- Crest Nicholson (Londinium) Ltd v Akaria Investments Ltd
- Davis Contractors Ltd v Fareham UDC
- Destiny 1 v Lloyds Bank Plc
- Dunlop Pneumatic Tyres Co Ltd v Selfridge & Co Ltd
- Esso Petroleum v Mardon
- Holwell Securities Ltd v Hughes
- L’Estrange v Graucob
- Maple Leaf Macro Volatility Master Fund v Rouvroy
- Moran v University College Salford
- Royal Bank of Scotland v Etridge (No.2)
- Scriven Bros & Co v Hindley & Co
- Williams v Roffey Bros & Nicholls (Contractors) Ltd
- Hashman and Harrup v United Kingdom
- R v Ahluwalia
- R v Bree
- R v Collins
- R v G and R
- R v Ghosh
- R v Hinks
- R v Howe
- R v Ireland
- R v Kennedy
- R v Kingston
- R v Lambert
- R v Miller
- R v Steer
- R v Stone; R v Dobinson
- R v Woollin
- Sheldrake v DPP
Equity and Trust Law
- Agip (Africa) Ltd v Jackson
- Armitage v Nurse
- Attorney-General for Hong Kong v Reid
- Blackwell v Blackwell
- Boardman v Phipps
- Gissing v Gissing
- Grey v IRC
- McPhail v Doulton
- Milroy v Lord
- Re Bucks Constabulary Widow’s and Orphans Fund Friendly Society
- Re Denley
- Re Hallett’s Estate
- Re Montagu
- Re Pryce
- Re Recher’s Will Trusts
- Re Rose
- Rochefoucauld v Boustead
- Royal Brunei Airlines v Tan
- Twinsectra Ltd v Yardley
- Vandervell v IRC
- Adeneler and others v Ellinikos Organismos Galaklos (ELOG)
- CILFIT and Lanificio di Gavardo SpA v Ministry of Health
- Commission v United Kingdom [Excise Duties on Wine]
- Courage Ltd v Crehan
- Defrenne v SABENA
- Faccini Dori v Recreb Srl
- Foster v British Gas
- Francovich and others v Italy
- Internationale Handelsgesellschaft mbH v Einfuhr-und Vorratsstelle für Getreide und Futtermittel
- Köbler v Austria
- Marleasing SA v La Comercial Internacional de Alimentación SA
- Marshall v Southampton and South West Area Health Authority (No.1)
- R v HM Treasury ex p British Telecommunications Plc
- R v Ministry of Agriculture, Fisheries and Food ex p Hedley Lomas
- Simmenthal SpA v Italian Minister of Finance
- Van Duyn v Home Office
- Van Gend en Loos v Nederlandse Administratie de Belastingen
- Viamex Agrar Handels GmbH v Hauptzollamt Hamburg-Jonas
- Von Colson and Kamann v Land Nordrhein-Westfalen
- Wagner Miret v Fondo de Garantía Salarial
- AI v MT (Alternative Dispute Resolution)
- Evans v Amicus Healthcare Ltd and Others
- Fitzpatrick v Sterling Housing Association Ltd
- Jones v Kernott
- Mabon v Mabon
- Miller v Miller
- Prest v Petrodel Resources Ltd
- Re A (A Child)
- Re G (Education: Religious Upbringing)
- Re M (Parental Responsibilities Order)
- Re S (Care Order: Implementation of Care Plan)
- Thorner v Major
- White v White
- A Local Authority v E
- A Local Authority v Mrs A and Mr A
- Chester v Afshar
- H v Associated Newspapers Ltd and N (A Health Authority)
- Gregg v Scott
- Hotson v East Berkshire Area Health Authority
- PC v City of York Council
- R (C) v Berkshire Primary Care Trust
- R (Condliff) v North Staffordshire Primary Care Trust
- R (Rogers) v Swindon NHS Primary Care Trust
- R (Watts) v Bedford Primary Care Trust and Secretary of State for Health
- R v Cambridge Health Authority ex p B
- Re C (Adult: Refusal of Treatment)
- Re SB (A patient: capacity to consent to termination)
- AG Securities v Vaughan
- Aslan v Murphy
- Barrett v Barrett
- Borman v Griffith
- Browne v Flower
- Cheltenham and Gloucester Building Society v Norgan
- Cobbe v Yeoman’s Row Management Ltd
- Copeland v Greenhalf
- Edwards v Lloyds TSB Bank Plc
- Gillett v Holt
- Marcou v Da Silvaesa
- Midland Bank Plc v Cooke
- Moncrieff v Jamieson
- Parker v British Airways Board
- Re Ellenborough Park
- Stack v Dowden
- Wheeldon v Burrows
- Williams & Glyn’s Bank Ltd v Boland
- Bolam v Friern Hospital Management Committee
- Cambridge Water Co v Eastern Counties Leather Plc
- Campbell v Mirror Group Newspapers (MGN)
- Caparo Industries Plc v Dickman
- Donoghue v Stevenson
- Gray v Thames Trains Ltd
- Grobbelaar v News Group Newspapers Ltd
- Hedley Byrne & Co Ltd v Heller and Partners
- Hunter v Canary Wharf Ltd
- Lister v Hesley Hall Ltd
- Lonrho Ltd v Shell Petroleum Co Ltd (No.2)
- McLoughlin v O’ Brian
- Murphy v Brentwood District Council
- Smith v Littlewoods Organisation Ltd
- Stovin v Wise
- Taylor and another v A Novo (UK) Ltd
- Tomlinson v Congleton Borough Council
- Topp v London Country Bus (South West) Ltd
Where can I buy it?
The Case Law Compendium is available through almost all Amazon sites, thanks to the brilliance of ‘Print on Demand’ technology, while it will always be ready for worldwide shipping in just a few clicks, plus the book is also printed and distributed via Ingram Spark (aka Lightning Source), who through their numerous worldwide partnership agreements, supply The Case Law Compendium to almost 40,000 retailers, libraries, schools and universities worldwide.
Australia & New Zealand Booktopia
I cannot emphasise enough just how invaluable this book will become to you as your law course progresses, and you’ll be surprised at just how fast you learn the cases and how your confidence grows when discussing their finer points. I am also supremely confident that you will refer to this book when studying both for insight and refreshment of your case law knowledge. While I genuinely hope that purchasers will frequently turn to this unprecedented resource, it is designed to enable everybody to become an ‘A’ student in English law.