July 20 2018
I am very pleased to announce that I have now completed the contract law chapter of the book, and so I can also share the contents here for those interested. There are a total of 47 cases available to read, and while it’s been a very insightful experience putting them all together, I genuinely hope they will help students get a quick grasp on the concept of contractual engagements, as well as the fundamental principles that frame them.
In all honesty contract law doesn’t have to feel like an overly complex field, and my conviction is that this section of the book (when it’s finished), will go a long way to dispelling the fears that many students doubtless carry into their Juris Doctor programs, and so without me droning on too much, below is the list of the historically notable contract-related cases included within the forthcoming Case Law Compendium: U.S. Law:
2. Allegheny College v. National Chautauqua County Bank of Jamestown
3. Ardente v. Horan
4. Austin Instrument Inc. v. Loral Corp.
5. Blatt v. University of So. California
6. Byers v. Federal Land Co.
7. Chicago Coliseum Club v. Dempsey
8. Embry v. Hargadine, McKittrick Dry Goods Co.
9. Feinberg v. Pfieffer Co.
10. Ferrera v. Nielsen
11. Globe Refining Co. v. Landa Cotton Oil Co.
13. Groves v. John Wunder Co.
14. Halpert v. Rosenthal
15. Hamer v. Sidway
16. Hawkins v. McGee
17. Hill v. Gateway 2000 Inc.
18. Hobbs v. Massasoit Whip Co.
19. Hoffman v. Red Owl Stores Inc.
20. Hotchkiss v. National City Bank of New York
21. Jacob and Youngs v. Kent
22. Kirk La Shelle Co. v. Paul Armstrong Co.
23. Klocek v. Gateway Inc.
24. Leonard v. Pepsico Inc.
25. Lucy v. Zehmer
26. Mills v. Wyman
27. Murrow v. First National Bank of Hot Springs
28. Mutual Life Ins. Co. of New York v. Tailored Woman Inc.
29. Neri v. Retail Marine Corp.
30. Odorizzi v. Bloomfield School District
31. Ortelere v. Teachers Retirement Board of City of New York
32. Parker v. Twentieth Century-Fox Film Corp.
33. Peevyhouse v. Garland Coal & Mining Co.
34. ProCD Inc. v. Zeidenberg
35. Ricketts v. Scothorn
36. Rockingham County v. Luten Bridge Co.
37. Shaheen v. Knight
38. Sherwood v. Walker
39. Spooner v. Reserve Life Insurance Co.
40. Stop & Shop Inc. v. Ganen
41. Sullivan v. O’Connor
42. Sun Printing & Publishing Ass’n v. Remington Paper & Power Co.
43. U.S. for Use and Benefit of Crane Co. v. Progressive Enterprises Inc.
44. Vokes v. Arthur Murray Inc.
45. Williams v. Walker-Thomas Furniture Co.
46. Wood v. Boynton
47. Wood v. Lucy, Lady Duff-Gordon